- Wrong VBR MP3 length detection
- Slave mode is somewhat very poor compare to a full API (like libvlc, GStreamer...)
- No CDDA (Audio CD) under Windows
- No release since more than a year, you have to recompile MPlayer yourself to bypass the obsolete 1.0rc2
- A lot of minor bugs and limitations that make my code complex...
I will report all the bugs I encounter. I guess I will do it when phonon-mplayer will be on KDE repository. This way I will probably get more chances to be listen by the MPlayer devs. (Yes, marketing is important even inside the OpenSource world)
I have to try out the GStreamer Phonon backend under Windows.
The guys from SongBird already use GStreamer on all the major platforms (MacOSX, Linux, Windows) cf
"We now use GStreamer as our main media playback system, across all platforms"
"GStreamer for all, all for GStreamer"